History of Elnor Motors

1907

Foundation of the company "Usines Jos De Coster et Compagnie", producing an innovative dynamo-kit that could be retro-fitted on the first automobiles.

1928

The company, now operating as “WELCO” is oriented at the production of electric motors for industrial and domestic use.

1958

Elnor NV becomes part of the Belgian industrial holding ACEC, and focuses on high-volume production of electric motors for appliances, like washing machines.

1980

On top of the existing product lines, special motors are developed for fuel pumps, valve actuators, sewing machines, …

1991

Establishment of Elnor Motors NV, focusing on custom-made electric motors for specific applications and markets.

1997

The ISO9001 certification for the Elnor quality system is obtained.

2002

The ATEX certification for the Elnor range of explosion-proof motors is obtained.

2006

The world-wide IECEx certificate for explosion-proof motors in the 200 and 300 range is obtained.

2007

The Brasilian INMETRO certificate for explosion-proof motors is added to the portfolio.

2010

The ISO 9001:2008 certification for design, production and sale of electric motors was obtained.

2012

Tom Paesmans becomes the new General Manager of Elnor Motors NV.

2013

The Brasilian certification is updated according Portaria INMETRO n° 179.

2014

The UL certification for the insulation system is obtained.

2015

The world-wide IECEx certification for all our explosion-proof motors is obtained.

2016

Change in capital structure to strengthen the tradition of long-term business growth at Elnor Motors
History assembly Elnor

History windig Elnor

Atex logo

IECEx logo

Inmetro logo

SGS ISO9001:2008

c UL US Listed